#image { position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px; width: 800px; height: 600px; Me Love To Ramble: Mardi. Tuesday. 火曜日

« Home | On little bit of everything. » | Olives » | Lately » | And I walked with Matt. » | I am fat. » | Resolution. » | My heart's in England. » | And I spoke to Matt » | On Valentines. » | Caramel Macchiato, My Valentine. »

Mardi. Tuesday. 火曜日

I basically sleepwalked the whole day.
Even though I went to class.
I didn't even notice that Matt actually talked to me.
Goodness.
The night Tylenol really make me feel sleepy.
And so I slept in Lockwood for a while.
Woke up with a neck pain.

And I went to English Class.
Mr Batchelder was very happy, again.

It's a special day today, he said.
It's the 28th, some classmate said.
It's pancake day in UK, I added.
Think harder, said Mr Batchelder.
Mardi Gras? I asked.
Yes. Mardi Gras.
What is Mardi Gras? a friend asked.
That's what I am here for, Mr Batchelder added.

Mardi Gras, a word in french, meaning fat Tuesday.
Fat tuesday is for all the catholics to have the last day of fun before giving up something that they really like before Ash Wednesday. They called that sacrifice lent.

And starting from tommorow, Ash Wednesday, catholics are going to give up one of their favourite things for forty days till Easter Sunday. To celebrate the rebirth of Jesus.
So during Mardi Gras, everyone has a lot of sex, a lot of alcohol, and tobacco, and food and tons of wild partying.

Sounds Great.

Happy Mardi Gras, everyone ^^

Hey that's not true, what you said about Mardi Gras. You make it like we Catholics act so holy during the month and then let it fly at the end. But in actual fact, some of us take it all very seriously. It's just that recently the gay people coming out at Mardi Gras has made the celebration more about sex and booze than anything else.

I don't want to sound hostile, because I'm not, but I just stumbled upon your site, and if you do think what I think you think, I'd like to try and correct the misunderstanding.

Jim :-)

このコメントはブログの管理者によって削除されました。

コメントを投稿

About the Rambler

  • I'm Ding
  • From Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
  • The epitome of outstandingly mediocre.
My Full Profile

Previous posts